Monday, September 12, 2011

Everybody Knows…Elizabeth Murray



Dedication of the Elizabeth Murray Art Wall at The Bowery Poetry Club
September 9

Forget Fashion Week… the real deal was the heartfelt community who gathered to celebrate the life and career of Elizabeth Murray. Husband and founder of the Bowery Poetry Club Bob Holman read from his latest book, “Picasso in Barcelona”, accompanied by Vito Ricci on guitar, beautiful daughter Sophia performed excerpts from two plays, and Jennifer Bartlett also spoke.  Artists, poets and downtowners viewed a moving trailer from filmmaker Kristi Zea’s work in progress, “Everybody Knows…Elizabeth Murray.”


Bob and Sophia Holman

Chuck Close

Jennifer Bartlett's oration


Sophia in performance

Sophia

Bob Holman

Sophia and Michael McDonagh



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I met Sophie Holman @ Ada and www.alexkatz.com several years ago when she came to see one of Alex's many portraits of her, and we became friends. I asked her to do my solo my piece " Sight Unseen " which we did after 3? rehearsals in NYC. She performed it beautifully before a big crowd @ this event which was warmly received by Ada and Alex, and others including the late Chuck Close. My review of Alex's first show @ Gavin Brown appears on www.culturevulture.net. Unfortunately that isn't me pictured with Sophie here but a mutual actor friend of ours who performed with her that eve. My wedding portrait of Sophie and her husband Nick " all your sorrows will vanish" appears in my 3rd book of my poems with www.garybukovnik.com ALL KINDS OF WEATHER (2016) www.norfolkpress.com.

MICHAEL MCDONAGH SAN FRANCISCO www.culturevulture.net

Unknown said...

Pls excuse " my solo my piece." Thank you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails